May is a fun and busy month! It will fly by! Please watch your child’s Friday Folder for important papers that are coming home.
· Our book fair day is Wednesday May 15th during special
· Healthy Lungs walk
o May 13th
o If you would like to bring in any monetary donations, please put it in a sealed envelope with the amount and your child’s name.
§ You do not need to donate in order to walk.
o Please wear gym clothes and sneakers.
· Field trip to Indian Echo Caverns
o Friday, May 17th. A lime green paper came home in Spartan Folder with information regarding the trip. If you need another one let me know. An orange lunch form was sent home. If you need another one of these please let me know.
o The trip is during regular school hours. Students will not need to come early or stay late.
o Please return the permission slip by Tue May 14th
o Please contact Mrs. Eger with any questions or concerns.
o May 24
o This is 4th grade’s end of the year treat.
o Please return the permission slip by May 13th
o Students should bring a towel, and bathing suit. Goggles and flip flops are optional.
Native American Dwelling Project
Final Due Date: May 24, 2019
Your goal is to make a model of a wigwam or a longhouse. This project will be completed outside of school. You may start handing in your project the week of May 20th. Projects will not be accepted after Friday, May 24th.
What to do:
- Use your Week 6 and Week 7 Social Studies Weekly newspapers, and the internet if needed, to read about and see drawings of the houses that Native Americans used in our area.
- Use materials of your choice to create a display that represents either a wigwam or a longhouse.
- Use natural materials (sticks, grass, bark, etc.) as much as possible
- Make the dwelling as accurate as possible.
- You may include items that would be found inside and outside of the dwelling
You will be graded on:
- How accurate your model is
- Does it look like a wigwam or longhouse?
- The materials you use
- Did you use materials found in nature?
- Neatness and effort
- Is your project neat and organized?
- Did you try your best?
- Does your project show effort?
- Does your project show creativity and originality?
- 3 Sentences
- Did you hand in at least three complete sentences telling Mrs. Eger what you included in your project and why it was included?
- Sentences should be complete, with a capital and punctuation. They should make sense and be spelled correctly.
Please remember to look at the important dates (to the right) for other important happenings in May.